On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Still here

We are still at the hospital, but Eric's fever broke last night. His blood count is still dangerously low, but I am learning that it could still be from the chemo. Where that was his first treatment, it is hard to predict how he would cycle through. His next two treatments are with a different chemical. And it is not as harsh as his first treatment. But in 4 weeks he will be doing the "red devil" again. I guess you get to learn along with me. Lucky you! :)

I have another funny story, a couple of days ago I was getting ready to run up the stairs for the 100th time to get something for Eric and I said "You know that payback is a ... well how do I say thing nicely.. brutal. When I get old..." He immediately said "I am shipping you to Arizonia and putting you in a home!" He still is pretty quick with the wit! So I am thinking I need to write up a contract that says he will not send me to a home and have him sign it while he is loopy on drugs and do not know what he is signing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment