On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Home and doing well

Last night I was so proud that I was able to hook up Eric's liquid food, with no complications.  And he has been such a trooper about it. 
I got such a big kick out of him last night, I went down to see if he needed help to get to bed and he was already trying to push the "Feeding tree" down the hall on the carpet but was having a hard time.  So he picked it up and said, "Come on dinner, let's go to bed".  It was so good to see him walking... well limping , but walking on his leg and his humor was showing through.  I was just laughing at him and he turned and ask what I was laughing at and I told him that the picture of him telling his dinner that you are going to bed, just was funny.  And his comment was "Don't laugh at me I have Cancer!"  It didn't stop me from laughing I just wished I got a picture of it to share with you. 
Well maybe next weekend.. because as things go, we live moment to moment.  This morning the tube did not last, he got sick and it came out.  So he gets a couple of days off from the feeding tube, but when we go back up on Monday for the next treatment, they will put it back in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment