On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Not a lot to report

I think today will be a day of rest for Eric. He was way excited that Aaron Lewis's new album was released today and was downloading it first thing this morning... while he snoozed. I am guessing that he will probably sleep all day and tomorrow. But that's okay.
Eric's nurse is a funny man. His name is Irish. He has 2 son's ages 25 and 22 years old and this morning as Irish stepped into the bathroom to run his tests, a fart machine sounded really loud around Eric. I could not help but laugh so hard. Eric said, "Sorry I couldn't help it." And went right along making excuses for the sounds. Oh my, what we do to entertain ourselves here.

No comments:

Post a Comment