On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

We're Home!

We did make it home yesterday afternoon and by the time we got unloaded, Eric settled he was ready for a short nap.  But it was really good to have him awake for most of the evening.  The nurse came by and showed me how to give IV fluids, so by the time we were done with everything it was 11:30 pm.  He slept okay, even with me waking him every few hours to give him more pills.  But so far we are doing okay!  Hopefully I will be able to post a few pictures as the day goes on.  Let's just hope we can keep him home for the 2 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I only know a couple of amazing strong woman. Two that stand out are Julie Sainsbury, I love her, and you! I'm so inspired by you. My daughters, Justine and Kimber, as well as Mark &I, talk about and pray for Eric daily. We had a close call with Justine, so I know a little about tumors. Trust me, I was not strong. I was eating immodium like they were pez! We would love to do more for you. We don't come visit because of germs, and his fever. We would love to bring him something bland like a vanilla steamer, or protein shake as soon as he can tolerate it. The girls offered to come watch some of their chick flicks with him! ;) We just want you to know how much we care for Eric, and for your family thru this trial. Sounds like he's in good hands!!! If you need anything, someone to talk to, my number is 801-369-1330. Or even text us when he's feeling a bit stronger. God Bless You All.

    ReplyDelete