On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

All is well

Eric, being the character that he is makes me laugh all the time.  If I try to be a "mom" and tell him what to do, he will point his leg at me.  I can't help but laugh.  I don't know what I am going to do, all control is out the door!  :)

How cute!  Eric received a box from Make a Wish with this cute hat in it.  His hair is really coming in good, I keep thinking that it will start to fall out again, because his last treatment was the type that made him lose his hair in first place.  But so far, it is still growing.  His eye lashes are coming in really good too... so he can "bat" his eyes like this..... (Name that movie)!  I know Tonya will know!

Todd and I ran up to the Grotto in Payson Canyon.  While Eric went to cheer on Our New Salem Beauty Queen, Rachel Fitzgerald (Rachel was the date he had to the Jazz game that he was going to put off chemo for, but ended up giving Rachel a rain check, because he was in so much pain.  Congratulations Rachel).  Anyway, I was shocked to see the amount of water. For those of you who have been at the grotto, the water fall is usually a trickle of water and you can walk into the cavern.   Not the case right now!  It was a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment