On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms who love their kids more than their kids can even begin to imagine.  I have watched many different moms through out my life and have learned so much from you.  I know that when this whole cancer process started, I could feel so much love for my son from all of you!  Thank you!  So I hope you all have a great and relaxing day!

Eric got a great present today also.  He has been wanting to move downstairs into Tonya's bedroom since she got married 1 1/2 years ago.  But I have hesitated because he would be so removed from us... and you know how those teenagers are!  As I was laying in bed this morning, it dawned on me that the bathroom situation upstairs was going to be very difficult for Eric.  So I told Eric that we can move his room downstairs.  Needless to say he was very happy... not that he gets to pretend that the basement is his "apartment".  He has been living downstairs since we started treatments, because it was convenient for him to move from the family room to his room or bathroom.  So today was a great day for all, well Todd gets to slave over dinner for all of us, he may not think of it as a great day but we love him anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment