On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Heart of a Champion

This was the plaque that was presented to Eric and the t-shirts they were selling, while he was at PMC Thursday.  I love the "Fighting for five" slogan. 
I know there are a lot of people that are worried about us and want to do what they can to help.  But to put your minds at ease... My amazing husband, Todd, has been fortunate to have a really good insurance policy that covers Eric.  We have met the deductible and the insurance company covers the rest 100%, until our deductible is due again.  It breaks my heart when I hear of people having to go through this cancer process with little or no insurance.  It also makes me so proud of those very caring and giving people who want to help out in a difficult situation.  I admire you for all your generosity.  I hope that some day I will be able to "pay it forward".  Thank you!
Eric is doing okay.  He is a little nauseous, and is trying to stay still and rest until it passes.  He says that he still feels so much better this round then he has in the past.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! We all are "fighting for five" whether we can do anything physically or not, we are all routing, cheering, praying, thinking of and hoping that he will KICK THIS THING!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete