On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

update



You have heard me talk about "ringing the bell" before so to give you a visual on the actual bell and goal, here are the pictures of the bell and quote. It is a big deal when these kids are able to ring the bell, and it is a beautiful sound to hear it down the hall. We are still on track for Eric to ring the bell on Sept 9th.
He finished this round of Methotrexrate and now is in the clearing stage. I am thinking either tomorrow or Saturday morning. They did give Eric the Lucavoren through his port this time. It is a drug (mainly vitamin B) that stops the metho from working anymore. They said sometimes it helps to clear metho faster this way.
Eric pretty much slept all day yesterday, so it was pretty quiet. Dr Spraker did come in to check on how he was doing and said that she laughed pretty hard when the NP asked her the "making out" question. She was more on Eric's side then mine. So I got that look from Eric saying "See I am good to go!" What ever I want a second opinion!! I still like the idea of blood work up and cultures on any possible girls that he may consider kissing! :) I think that you moms agree with me, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment