On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Still Celebrating

We are still celebrating Eric's 18th birthday.  Eric's favorite place to eat is Tucanos, so Todd and I took him there for dinner last night.  He use to be able to put away a lot of food, he did enjoy his dinner but of course the mom in me wants to keep pushing him to eat  more.  I should not complain, because he is eating and is able to hold everything down right now.  One of the Nurse Practitioners did say that it is going to really hard to gain weight while on Chemo because of what is going on in his body.... So I am grateful he has been maintaining.  He did walk into the restaurant with no crutches or cane.  I love that he is standing straight up and towering over me again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment