On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

.08.... We are heading home

This morning, I was a little nervous to ask where his metho levels were this morning, but finally got the nerve and asked.... it is .08, which means we get to go home!!!! After last night I will probably want to be in bed by 8:00. It is funny how each nurse is so different in styles, which makes a big difference in the middle of the night. Oh well at least it was only one night, right?!
Yesterday was a great day, Eric was awake for a while, he was sung to by Dave (RN) but the best part was we went for another walk. It is such a joy to visit with people along the way. We ran into Dr Spraker again and she just discovered Creamies! Standing around talking about them made me crave one. Then we went on to the patio. It felt great to get some fresh air and we knew we only had a limited time before his bag of fluids ran out and as we were visiting, a young boy named Steven came with his mom out on the patio. I have heard about him and was given his blog site a few weeks ago. So I have become one of those blog stalkers. :) They came over and visited with us for a while. They asked Eric a few questions about his prosthesis. Of course Eric was more than happy to show them how it works. I think Steven will be getting his new leg soon. I will try to figure out how to link their blog on ours, if I can't figure it out, I will ask for reinforcements... McKell. These kids are amazing and as I am meeting more kids with cancer, I realize what tough little cookies they are.

1 comment: