On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Man I am old

Yesterday was my birthday and yes I am getting old! It was a great day spent with Daryl, McKell, Eric and the love of my life, Todd. We missed Todd's 4 kids that live in Kaysville and Tonya and Clint that live in Elko,  the miles to Elk Ridge are too long.




Because we were outside, I had to pretend to blow out the candles, like Eric. Of course the candles were melting in the hot Dutch oven cake... That's okay, we just picked out the wax. :)




Daryl and McKell (and little Macklyn, but you can't see her yet)





The mighty chef!




Eric showing his muscles
Like I say it was a great day! We are waiting for Eric's Nurse to come and do a blood draw to see if he is eligible to be admitted again tomorrow morning. He is doing great and to make it better is we only have 4 more treatments left! I know I have already mentioned that .... BUT we are getting closer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment