On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Slight Delay

We were scheduled to go in tomorrow for doxirubican, but have encountered our first delay.  Eric's platelets are too low to start the next round of chemo.  I have to admit that I am actually relieved to give Eric a couple more days to recuperate and feel a little bit stronger.  He has had me very worried these past couple of days.  Usually he comes home from the hospital and takes off with his friends.  Not this week.  He has been down in bed.  I did talk him into driving to town with me to get a few groceries tonight, but he has a lot of strength to regain.... I am grateful for the extra days that were given to us.  So we will retest his blood on Thursday and if his platelets have come up to where they need to be, we will go in on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment