On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

So Long Jace

Elder Spencer and dad Spencer

We made it to Jace's Farewell.  Jace is going to Everett Washington on his mission.  He did an amazing job speaking in church, actually he made me cry!  Aunt Janet made a cake for Jace that said "Elder Spencer".  The cake was amazing chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!

I have been so worried about Jacob, who received his bone marrow transplant.  I was checking the blog several times a day on Friday and Saturday.  I finally texted Jacob's mom, Liz, to see how they are doing and was so relieved to hear that all was well.  I have already linked Jacob's blog to Eric's.  But as I read through their experience, it brought tears to my eyes once again to hear how Heavenly Father is truly looking out for these amazing young people who are fighting for their lives.  Please take the time to read the August 27th  post.

http://jacoblivestronger.blogspot.com/

 I remember when Eric was in getting his first MRI at Dr Weenig's office and Cheryl Brown had just heard the news, and as I was pouring my heart and fears to her, she kept saying over and over again that miracles do happen. They do happen and I have witness them  many times over the past couple of months.  It is very humbling to hear of more miracles that happen in other families. 

After that dreadful day, I emailed my Uncle and told him about what was going on and I will never forget his reply... "Just remember that Heavenly Father loves that boy more, than even you.  Just watch great things are going to happen."  When I first read that, I thought that no one can love him more than me.  But I also know that we can not even begin to comprehend Heavenly Fathers love for us.  As I watched Eric suffer and be so sick, I was so humbled to think that I just got a tiny taste of what our Heavenly Father went through as he watch Jesus Christ suffer in Gethsemane.  This life is not only a journey but it is an opportunity for us to learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment