On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Date Changes

I mentioned before that I was going to throw Eric an "End of Treatment" Open house, first on Oct 1st, then changed it to the 24 of Sept.  Well I was thinking of different ideas for the party and was bouncing them off Eric and he told me he did not want an Open House.  At first I was surprised because we have talked about this for several months, kind of like a carrot to give him something to look forward to.  He went on to explain that he is so tired of the attention and is ready to get back to a "normal" life.  I totally understand and respect where he is coming from, so if you had marked your calendars, please know that we are grateful to all of you, your support and prayers, but it is time for Eric to start to look forward and LIVE!!  I guess we can celebrate for him in our hearts.
He is still doing great, his blood counts were pretty decent on Monday, but they will bottom out today and tomorrow, so hopefully we will not face anymore delays.  Eric even went with me to get supplies for the theater on Monday and did all the heavy lifting for me!  He has not even used his crutches for a couple of weeks.  There has been tremendous strides in his health, strength and healing.  WE ARE SO CLOSE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment