On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ready for #17

Eric's blood counts came in pretty good.  They asked this morning if we wanted to come in to get him started today, but we both had plans so we asked if we can stick with the Wednesday admittance.  I think Eric is pretty excited to go golfing with his "BFF" :).  We can't let Chemo get in the way of golfing!  So the plan is to be at the hospital tomorrow morning and we should be released on Sunday morning.  Hopefully we will be able to be admitted next Tuesday so we can walk out of there for good on OCT 1!!!!  WE ARE SOO CLOSE!!

I have a funny story to tell you... Eric logged into his face book at the theater and did not log out... which is a big mistake.  Well Saturday night he started getting a lot of text messages from a lot of girls.  He was very confused to what was going on.  Then he got a message from one of our managers at the theater and said "Hey I like your face book status".  Eric could not get to the computer fast enough.  His status was changed to "The first 10 girls to text me will get a date with me, a kiss is required."  I thought this was soooo funny.  DJ was worried that I would be upset, especially about the "kiss" part.  I just reminded him that a blood work up will be required by all girls wanting to kiss Eric.  DJ wants to be there when I came walking to the girls with a needle.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment