On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Monday, December 26, 2011

1st Hair cut

Eric has been so excited for Tonya to come into town so that she could cut his hair.  This is a very big milestone, coming from no hair to having hair to cut!  It's all about the hair right? 5 minutes into the hair cut he said "Now I remember why I hate hair cuts!"  Can't please him :)  Well he is definitely putting on a show for the camera.  I should try to find the first hair cut when he was a toddler.  I bet the facial expression is the same!

I found the picture of Eric's first hair cut.  He no longer has the frowny face,... because he is being entertained.  I remember that Shelly had to work really fast.  Tonya was saying that his hair now was very hard to cut because it was fine, kind of like baby's hair.  :)

1 comment:

  1. He looks great with hair. I cut Steven's hair yesterday for the first time. Well, I trimmed up the edges anyway. He was also complaining--it had been so long since he had to endure that. I had to remind him how much better clippers are than chemo. I hope you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete