On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Child's Prayer

Today at Church, I was asked at the last minute to teach primary.  I had asked Eric if he wanted to help, which he said he would.  We had the 5 year old class. 
The lesson was on prayer, pretty easy, but the fun part of it is, I knew there were a couple of kids that prayed so hard for Eric last year.  They would get upset if Eric was not mentioned in the prayer at the dinner table or during family prayers.  Since I knew this I was anxious to see their reaction when they realized that Eric was going to help teach.

We went around the class and learned all the kids names, then I introduced myself and then I said "This is Eric, he is my son."  There were 2 kids in there that their mouths just dropped in unbelief.  I knew they recognized the name.  They did not know who Eric was, but they knew his name.  I went on to explain that we were talking about prayer today and I knew that they had prayed for Eric last year.  It was so precious to see the looks on these kids faces.  As we were wrapping up the lesson, we talked about how Heavenly Father answers prayers and that he did hear their prayers.  Eric spoke up and said "Because I am all better!" 
I love the faith of a child, here they did not even know who they were praying for, but they never forgot and had so much faith that he would get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment