On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mr Skyhawk

Eric performing in the opening number

Have I mentioned that this is NOT a serious beauty contest?

Eric performing his dance that Sami and McKay choreographed for him

Still dancing, but the crowd went wild with the "Skankie Leg" portion of his dance!

Swim suit competition

Eric was given a question, I have to admit it was a proud moment.  He was asked who he would consider being the hardest worker in his life... or something like that.  He said said "My mom.  "OH HOW CUTE!""  Then when he went back to the line he gave me the "heart" sign out of his hands.  Todd said that he thought for sure he would say "My step dad Todd, but knowing that it was politically correct to say his mom." 

Eric did not win the Mr Sky hawk title, but we had a really great laugh!  When we got home, me, Eric and Sami were in the kitchen and Eric would not leave me alone.  I am not sure what he was trying to do, so I grabbed his leg and made him unable to do much of anything.  Then I started to practice my talent of playing the "leg guitar".  Sami was there and probably a little in shock and took this picture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment