On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Monday, March 11, 2013

"Dunked"


This week was such a good week in the area we had we meet all of our goals that we set out to reach and we were able to baptize Mia. We invited her father who was not too excited of the idea to the baptism but he came, he left saying that it was a good experience and that he was really happy for Mia. The baptism was really powerful for the mother, Sheng. Most important it was a covenant made between a 9 year old girl and her Heavenly Father, with the gift of her best friend the Holy Ghost. It was a really special experience for all who were at the baptism and I am so grateful to be a part of it.

It looks like Eric's companion "tolerates" Eric's strangeness.  :)
In his letter last week, I laughed, because I can hear Eric's voice as he was telling this story!


While I was doing my language study, I was in the kitchen table when I hear a knock on the door.  I went to open the door to a “J-Dub” missionary who was out doing his required proselyting time.  The first thing he said was “Oh Mormons”.  (I was in my white shirt, tie and full uniform).  It was funny because the first thing that I said in my head was “Oh J-Dub” as we had our silent standoff, I could hear the western music in the back of my head.  He pulled out a card, but I countered with a pamphlet… BOOM!  I Win!  I told him I would take his if he took mine.  He said okay and departed in his shame.  J I am not going to open the door anymore because it just leads to a weird thing like CPS, a news team and now “J-Dub”.  What could be next?

 
Oh man I miss this kid.  He keeps me laughing even when he is 10 hours and 25 minutes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment