On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Update from Sacramento

Eric gets pretty excited about packages.... especially from girls!!  :)

I have thought about making up my own stories to these pictures, but it may embarrass him, so.....Well he does deserve to be embarrassed...... Nah!

When people ask me how he is doing, all I can say is he is loving his mission!!  These pictures back up what I have been saying... He is just Happy, healthy, and high on life!

I am looking forward to my call on Sunday.  We are going to try something.  While we are skyping with Eric, we will be face timing with Tonya and Clint so they can be a part of the call.  So it should be interesting.  But I can not wait.

In his last email, he added this insight and I was impressed and loved it, so I wanted to share it.


I had an amazing spiritual moment this week.  When I was doing my studies I came across a scripture that really struck me deep to my core, it is in the book of Mormon,  1 Nephi 21 verse 16. It is when the lord is talking and he states “I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands".  Never have I ever read a scripture that has hit me like that one did. It brought great reflection upon my relationship that I am able to have with my Savior, because of His personal atonement.  Not just for me but for all people. I feel now that I truly understand my purpose as a missionary and that is to help people know and strengthen their relationship with the Savior.

 

How grateful I am for that relationship, and the opportunity to build others.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment