On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Half way point


At the end of this next week it will be the end of my 9th transfer as a missionary which means that I will be halfway through my mission.   I do not like saying that and that will mean I’m one of the old missionaries :( that is just a horrible thought. It means it’s time to kick it into high gear ;)


This is usual Me at the end of planning each night :)


 As I looked at the picture, I saw familiar items that were shipped to California before he left…  The green and blue stripped blanket was given to him when he was starting treatments by the Christiansens.  That blanket made the trip to Primaries every time we did… And is now still with him on his mission… I love it!  Maybe it would be safe to say it was more of a comfort for me to see it close by.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment