On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Graduation & Mission Farewell





These are a few of his senior Pictures. 

This is his graduation announcement.  We have been kind of slow and as soon as we have them in our hands will get them mailed out

His favorite mission pic


I know I have mentioned before, but his mission farewell is scheduled for July 15.  Our sacrament meeting is at 11:00.  The address to our chapel is :  259 E Alpine Dr Elk Ridge Utah.

Funny story: I have had a hard to pronouncing Laotian.  So I finally had to figure out an association to pronounce it correctly.  I was saying "low-ation".  but you say it "Lay-ocean".  SO in my mind I would think of an Hawaiian "lay" and then the "Ocean".  Well it has helped me.  I mentioned this to a friend on our morning walk last week and she told me later that she was telling people that he will be speaking "Lay-Beach"!!    I told this to Eric and he laughed and said well if someone comes up and starts to speak "Lay-Beach" it should be close enough that he will be able to understand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment