On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Teaching in Lao

 
Eric only has 2 1/2 weeks left to go in the MTC. He is so ready to get out of the MTC.

I love Tuesdays and Thursday, because on Tuesday's I get an email.  On Thursday’s I get a letter with more details.  This week was fun to hear of an experience he had teaching a “Real” Lao person.  They taught the first lesson on Prayer. It went really well, a great teaching experience.  He received a note from Von about their experience.   I could tell by Eric's letter that this note was just the boost he needed to stay focused at the MTC and he cannot wait to head to Sacramento.

Apparently the Temple serves the best Waffles and Sausage.  He said that they were so amazing and when I go to the temple again, I needed to go early and have waffles, because I will be so blessed.  J  Poor guy the MTC food is really getting to him.

He has not gained weight, which he is proud of.  Of course if you do not eat junk food, how do you expect to?  He still will not eat sugar, because it tastes like tin to him.  Weird, I know!

I came across these pictures from our Jackson Hole trip.  Daryl and Eric have to compete in everything.  I thought they were still fun to see.. So here you go.



 Eric won!  HEE HEE
  

 This is Macklyn at church.  She has been naughty and spending a lot of time in the lobby.  :)  I just sent Eric a copy of these pictures because it knew it would make him laugh... I sure did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment