On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Monday, May 27, 2013

New from Sacramento


With everything that has been going on with Cody, I have failed to update you on Eric.  Last week he had a really cool email I would like to share.

Oh gees so where do I even begin?! This past week was a really good week in the work, we were able to see a lot of success with 8 member present lessons which really helped a lot of our investigators progress. We were also able to find a few people who make me really excited to teach and get to know them and help them receive the gospel.

We had a very special experience with a lady this past week. We told her to be ready to break down the walls between her and the Savior. Only then will we truly receive the blessing that he wants to give to us. We have really been trying to help her get a true solid answer that the church was true and that she had to be baptized. We meet with her and this is the story that she told us. “ I knelt down just before bed just like I always to, I said a pray to ask God if the church was true and to ask for help in revealing an answer. I ended my prayer and went to bed. As I was sleeping I had a dream that a man of great brightness came and appeared to me with very white hair and beard. The glory of this man was amazing that I cannot explain it. He told me that the church that I was learning about, was His church and that I need to enter into that church. He then showed me two young men in white shirts and ties next to him, they were elders. He then said the words" THESE ARE MY DISCIPLES LISTEN TO THEM".  She knew that the message was from God and that she had to listen to it. I think it was Jesus Christ :)

Eric was made District leader, which generally does not happen to the foreign speaking missionaries in Sacramento.  He has enjoyed learning more about leadership and working with the Mission President. 

This is what he said this week about the Mienh members. 

 All of the Mienh members love me. Ha ha They were all really impressed with how good my Mienh is already and say that I have a lot of potential in the language.  Whatever that means haha we will see what will happen :)

 

Calvin is the little guy that taught Eric how to pray.  Eric just loves this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment