On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Round 10 underway

Yesterday we made it back to Fit Well where they made a few adjustments to his new leg but we ran out of time to try it out. We were suppose to be at the hospital by 11:30 and was a little late. When we walked into the hospital, we were greeted with the new security process. I now have a badge that I have to wear at all time. It has my drivers license picture on it. The first thought was I am glad I like drivers license picture. That would be embarrassing to tote around a badge with a picture I hated. :) I mean this is serious stuff... So if you come to visit, make sure you have your picture ID on you.

Eric has the Doxirubcian underway with 34 hours left on this drip and he has completed one of the two bags of cisplatin. After he was hooked up and the stars were out, we went for a walk out on the patio and looked at the lights for a little bit, until the anti naeusa medicine kicked in and made him really tired. It was a beautiful night.
Today should be a quiet day. At this point I think they will still allow us to go home tomorrow night as long as Eric feels well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment