On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Banquet

Eric was introduced to the board of trustees to the Utah State High School Activities association today at lunch.  He has already been awarded with the plaque and this was just one more way of honoring him with his Spirit of Sports award. 

Kevin Dustin was the one who introduced Eric and explained why he won this award

These are all the Circle of Fame award winners.

It was an honor to be among the circle of fame winners. 
 Eric has great news.  He submitted his mission papers last week and is now waiting for his call.  President Trevort told Eric not to be disappointed if he is given a call to a certain place, but the departure date may have certain limitations.  So we will just wait and see.

I did have a great opportunity to get back at him with an early April Fools joke.  When we pulled into the garage from the banquet, I had the mail in my hands.  So I grabbed this fat and large envelope and held it up to Eric with a big smile.  He got so excited.  He thought that it could possibly be his call.  So after a few minutes of making him suffer, and Eric asking where it is from, I told him it was from some junk mail company.  He was not to happy with me, but I had a great laugh from it!  I will continue to pay him back for the April fools' joke he played on me last year!  I am still mad at him for that one! 

We are actually thinking that maybe next week we will hear about the call, if not next week, then the following week.  I will let you know as soon as we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment