On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Eric is now in the DOG HOUSE

Tonight Todd and I went to Dalton's for dinner, enjoying a night out before I leave for another 2 weeks in the hospital and I had asked Eric if he would like something from Dalton's. They were offering Prime Rib tonight and so Eric was pretty excited about dining on something besides cereal. Well we walked into the house and as I was bringing his very delicious dinner to him...He was doubled over groaning. He was obviously in SO much pain and I asked him what was the matter and he said that his stomach hurt so bad. As I was asking questions to try to find out as much information as I could so I can call Primary Children's hospital. My thoughts were that I needed to get him to the hospital immediately. Todd could hear what was going on and came to see what he could do to help....Well Eric started to laugh and said "April Fools!" Can I tell you that I was about ready to slap him. I was grabbing the prime rib and was going to throw it away. Todd was being nice and offered 1 french fry to sustain him till morning, when I cooled down enough to consider feeding him again....
Have I told you that he is feeling really good right now? Well I think he is feeling a little to good... I can't believe he did that to me, I was so worried, thinking that the hospital did not prepare me for this major stomach pain nor did they prepare me for April's Fool Day. Did I mention that Dr. Spraker said that Chemotherapy does not cure Smart-alicks? This is going to be a very long treatment!!! So if you would like to visit Eric, he will be outside in our new dog house!

No comments:

Post a Comment