On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Treatment #5

We are just getting checked into PMC for treatment #5. Right off the bat, Eric had a little visitor named Molly. She even came with a calling card. Just as she left, Eric turned to me and started complaining that I would not let him have a dog... he said "look how much joy she brought me." With a sad face. My comment was "did you see how quickly you were tired of her?"

Eric did insist on driving himself in his wheel chair up to his room and the nurses were all shocked at what attitude he had. I was begging them to take him. :) Right now he is off all pain medication but his weight is still extremely low. I made a deal with Eric that as long as he continues to eat 2000 calories, I would not make him get the feeding tube put back in, so we will see how he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment