On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

All is quiet here

Today has been very quiet. Eric has slept all day, but the good news is he is clearing the methotrexate a little bit faster than last week. So we hope it continues and we will be able to go home tomorrow night. I know there has not been a lot of posts lately, but no news is good news right??... this extra time has given me the opportunity to work on my new project, the babies blessing dress, which I finished yesterday. Man I am impressed with those grandmas who have made each one of their grand babies blessing outfits. That is a lot of work. So if you see it up close...just don't look close! Remember it is my first attempt.

Eric is excited because now I can start on his request of a Neon Green Sweater vest! I am still cringing on that one. I told him that he will look like a nerd, and he does not even care! He already has the pants and shirt that he will wear it with all picked out. I think this chemo is really starting to affect him!
We are doing great here and just enjoying the quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment