On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Busy week

I am getting yelled at...well not really, but I have had people asking about why I have not updated this blog! Well sorry, not a lot to report, and this has been a very crazy week trying to get caught up. But good News! Danee was able to ring the bell at PMC!!!! She sent Eric a message to let him know that at noon on Saturday she was done! We were bummed that we could not make it, but our spirits were with her! I bet she is sleeping well at night, now that she can just heal. Eric has 5 more treatments to go, it feels like this next month and half will take forever! We will get there though. Danee told Eric that she was going to rip the bell off the wall, but then tape it back on for him. What a great friend. :)
Eric is doing well. He went bowling last night and said he did pretty good. It took him awhile to figure out how to position himself to throw the bowling ball, but he still bowled a 150. I don't think I have ever bowled that high....On two legs.... now you know why I am not on a bowling league.
The nurse will come tomorrow to draw blood to see if his counts are good enough to start another round of chemo on tuesday. At this point we are planning on stopping by at fit well at 10:00 on Tuesday and then onto the hospital.
I have told Eric that we would throw an "End of treatment" open house for him. We are planning to do this on September 24 (Saturday). We will send more info, but please mark your calendars and come join us. I know that there has been so many loving friends and family that has stood by us and worried with Todd and myself for Eric's health and well being. We have truly appreciated the many prayers that were said on our behalf and we would love to spend some time with you and thank you in person. Like I say more information will come shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment