On January 27, 2011 Eric Merkley was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. An aggressive cancer that we hope and the doctors to this point seem confident that is contained to one spot on his leg. Prognosis is good. Treatments and recovery will be long and painful.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Funny leg story

Eric gets weighed every day. So when he was admited yesterday they weighed him with his leg on. They have done this before and then weighed his leg. I assumed they made a note in his records on how much his leg weighed. Apparently not. So when the nurse weighed him today they were freaking out because he lost almost 20 pounds!! I was in the hall talking to a mom and the nurse tech interruppted us because they were so concerned that he lost so much weight. When I explained that he was weighed with his leg on yesterday, you should have seen their relief. I laughed. So the tech ran in Eric's room and came toting out his leg to be weighed. She is probably 5 feet 2 or so and his leg was almost up to her chin.... I know it does not take much to amuse me, but I thought it was funny. So needless to say all is well again at PMC room 4419. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment